Dark Chocolate Toasted Coconut Haystacks by Roxanne Worden
Dark Chocolate Toasted Coconut Haystacks
14 oz bag sweetened shredded coconut
12 oz bag dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Spread coconut onto a separate (unlined) cookie sheet and toast it in the oven until golden brown. The secret to good toasted coconut is consistent browning, so be sure to stir it every 2 minutes until it is an even, light golden color. It will probably take 8-10 minutes, but monitor your coconut carefully.
3. While the coconut is toasting, place chocolate chips into double broiler (low heat) to melt, stirring occasionally.
4. Once coconut is toasted and chocolate is melted, stir the coconut into the chocolate, mixing until coconut is entirely coated with chocolate.
5. Using a small cookie scoop, drop small scoops of the mixture onto the prepared sheet.
6. Once all of the mixture has been formed, refrigerate for 30 minutes, until the chocolate is set. Enjoy :)