Chicken Stir-Fry over Rice
2 head of green onion, cut into 2-3-in. pieces
3 carrots, cut diagonally into think pieces (then, cut pieces in half if carrots are large)
4 stalks of celery, cut diagonally into 1/4-in pieces
4-5 white mushrooms, sliced into small pieces
1 tsp white pepper
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 family pack of chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces.
2 T cornstarch
1 c water, at room temperature
Rice, cooked per instructions on package
1. Heat large skillet/pan over medium heat. Heat oil. When hot, add carrots. Cook until it starts to soften.
2. Add celery. Cook until it starts to soften.
3. Add mushrooms and white pepper. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until vegetables are almost completely cooked.
4. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
5. Add more oil if needed to the pan. When heated again, add garlic.
6. When garlic scent arises, add chicken pieces.
7. Meanwhile, in a measuring cup, add cornstarch. Pour 1 c of water over cornstarch. Stir well.
8. When chicken is almost done, mix vegetables back into the pan.
9. Re-stir cornstarch mixture and pour over chicken and vegetables. Continually stir until sauce thickens and chicken completely cooks.
10. Serve over cooked rice.