- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry (raspberry works really well too) flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart orange juice
- 2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage (Sprite, 7 UP, or Gingerale, etc)
1. Bring the sugar, water, and strawberry flavored gelatin to a boil in a large saucepan; boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture into 2 separate containers (I use 8 smaller plastic containers, 4 for on batch and 4 for the second batch) and freeze. I usually freeze overnight then leave it out the day I plan to use it so it “softens” a little bit.
2. Combine the contents of 1 container (or half the containers) with 1 bottle of the lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage in a punch bowl; stir until slushy (it doesn’t HAVE to be slushy). Repeat with remaining portions as needed.