Thursday, December 10, 2009

January Cooking Club

Two cooking clubs in January!!!

1st - our usual meeting
January 5th, 6:30 at the prairies welcome center
Theme: Hometown Favorites - bring a dish that is either traditional to the region you are from or that is your favorite meal from your house...as usual, we need drinks, ice, and plastic eating utensils if you don't want to cook

2nd - Meals for later
January 19th, 6:30
You can bring items to make a meal for later OR just come and eat!

Theresa's House...here is a message from Theresa

I am so excited to have everyone over to my house! My address is 9073 Academy View Ct. in Washington Township. If you put it into a GPS device, it usually works better to use Dayton as the city. I hope that everyone will be able to come and learn and different way to help prepare meals quickly and easily. My friend’s name who sells the Homemade Gourmet products is Monica Childress. Her website is www.homemadegourmet.com/monica19056.

As I said at cooking club, people are more than welcome to come and just enjoy some social time and taste the different seasonings. I will be making a chicken enchilada soup, cinnamon sopapillas, a few different dip mixes, and either Sassy Sangria drink or Spiced Cider, I am not sure yet. I will be making a few other things, I am sure, I just don’t know what yet!

If there is someone who would really like to go for it and create a ‘make and take’ meal, all you need to do is bring a small roast or some chicken breasts in a gallon-sized freezer bag and $5. I will provide the rest! I do need to know how many people want to do that, so I can be sure to have enough ingredients for everyone. If no one wants to do that, or does not even order, it’s no big deal, I get free stuff for just doing the party!

I look forward to seeing everyone again in January. It was so good to get out in December!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great. I will be there with little man in tow.

    ReplyDelete