Praline Pecan Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix (I mixed in flaxseeds for some omega-3)
- 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (chopped however you'd like, as fine as sand, or coarse, or a mix. I find finer chopped pecans give a prettier presentation, but I usually just use the bag of chopped pecans "as is")
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan. When done, allow cake to cool and leave in pan.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, flour, butter and egg. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in pecans and vanilla. Spread over cake. Place in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.